Hee Soo Yin, EdD, Executive Director, Career and Life Design Consulting, partners leaders professionals and teams to connect with who they are, what matters, purpose and agency to bring their unique contributions to life.
She is a Doctor of Education (Durham, UK) with professional credentials as a Certified Master of Career Services (CMCS-National Career Development Association), a Professional Certified Coach (PCC-International Coaching Federation), a Specialist Adult Educator-Curriculum Development (SAE-CD, SkillsFuture Singapore), a Certified Mindfulness Teacher – Professional Level (CMT-P-International Mindfulness Teachers Association), and a Registered Sandplay Therapist (STR- Association for Sandplay Therapy).
Soo Yin practised law for five years before following her heart to teach at a non-profit organisation and subsequently made a career change to education. On her professional career, she says, “What anchored and gave me courage and joy as I navigated career transitions and diverse roles in private, public, non-profit organisations, tertiary institutions and in government was to connect with my love for developing individuals, teams and myself on-the-job as we worked to deliver value and excellence in organisational outcomes.”
She sees organisations as first of all, human enterprises. Working to foster a culture which honours what is unique of individuals and teams and what is deeply human will enable individuals to bring their best self to work with others to respond more dynamically and sustainably to the complex needs of a world in constant change and disruption.
Soo Yin says, “I respect and trust that every client is unique, creative and resourceful. To facilitate transformational learning, I partner my clients to explore how they think, their assumptions, beliefs, values, needs and wants and how they perceive themselves and the world, enabling them to gain fresh perspectives and greater clarity of who they uniquely are, what matters to them and their innate strengths. I also partner my clients to uncover blind spots and unconscious bias that may be limiting their effectiveness, facilitating transformational learning for behavioural change to realise the potential of what they want to achieve.”
Soo Yin integrates her knowledge and rich experience in adult learning and development with positive psychology, depth psychology, positive neuroplasticity and interpersonal neurobiology in her work with clients. Her approach is holistic, integrative and systemic, with a focus on facilitating transformational learning for sustainable change for leaders, professionals and their teams.
Her educational qualifications and leadership and management certifications include:
- Doctor of Education, Durham University, UK
- Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law), University College London, UK
- Master of Divinity, Trinity Theological College, Singapore
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), National University of Singapore
- General Management Programme, Harvard Business School, USA
- Strategic Management Programme, INSEAD in Singapore
Her coaching certifications include:
- Birkman Master Certified Professional, Birkman International
- Certified Marshall Goldsmith Executive and Team Coach
- Certified Global Leadership and Team Coach and Global Leadership 360 Assessment Practitioner, Global Coaching Group
- Team Coaching Foundations Certified Coach, Global Team Coaching Institute
- Certified Professional Transformational Coach, Coach Masters Academy Global
- Global Career Development Facilitator (Singapore), Center for Credentialing & Education
- Narrative Coach Certified Practitioner, World Business & Executive Coach Summit
- Breakthrough Coaching Enhanced Practitioner, World Business & Executive Coach Summit
Soo Yin also trained in methodologies and processes that enable integrative and transformational inner work with her clients. These include:
- Certified Integrative Development Practitioner, the Moments Institute
- Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher, Sounds True and Greater Good Science Center, University of California, Berkeley
- Certified Journal to the Self Facilitator, Centre for Journal Therapy, USA
- Jungian Sandplay Training accredited with the Association for Sandplay Therapy
- Narrative Therapy Intensive 1 & 2, Dulwich Center, Adelaide
- Life Navigation, Positive Psychology, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Inner Game Methodologies, Experience & Tools, The Inner Game Institute
- Positive Neuroplasticity, Rick Hanson, PhD
- Interpersonal Neurobiology: The Mindsight Approach to Well-being by Dan Siegel PhD, Mindsight Institute
CONTACT SOO YIN FOR A COMPLIMENTARY DISCOVERY SESSION