Hee Soo Yin, EdD, PCC(ICF), GCDF(CCE), STR(AST), SAE(SSG), CMT-P (IMTA), Executive Director and Principal, Career and Life Design Consulting partners leaders professionals and teams to connect with who they are and what matters to them to create what they want in their life and work.
In her coaching, consultancy and facilitation work, she draws on her extensive experience in education, management, learning and professional development and career development and her training and experience in proven approaches in coaching, consulting and facilitation.
Soo Yin practised law for five years before following her heart to teach at a non-profit organisation and subsequently to make a career change to education. On her professional career, she says, “What anchored and gave me courage and joy as I navigated career transitions and diverse roles in private, public, non-profit organisations and in government was to connect with my love for developing individuals, teams and myself on-the-job as we worked to deliver value and excellence in organisational outcomes.”
Career and Life Design’s ‘inside-out’ and ‘outside-in’ coaching, consulting and facilitation approaches, she says, can help “clarify current realities, perceptions and hidden assumptions and what matters to individuals, leaders and teams. This enables them to embrace new mindsets and change how they act in the world to achieve what is important to them.”
She sees organisations as first of all, human enterprises. Working to foster a culture which honours what is unique of individuals and teams and what is deeply human will enable individuals to bring their best self to work with others to respond more dynamically and sustainably to the complex needs of a world in constant change and disruption.
Soo Yin integrates her wealth of knowledge and experience in adult learning and development with positive psychology and depth psychology when she coaches. Her approach is holistic, integrative and transformative, with a focus on facilitating transformative learning for sustainable change for leaders and teams and individuals.
She says, “I respect and trust that every client is unique, creative and resourceful. To facilitate transformative learning, I partner my clients to explore how they think, their assumptions, beliefs, values, needs and wants and how they perceive themselves and the world, enabling them to gain fresh perspectives and greater clarity of who they uniquely are, what matters to them and their innate strengths. I also partner my clients to uncover blind spots, hidden assumptions and unconscious bias that may be limiting their effectiveness, facilitating transformational learning for behavioural change to realise the potential of what they want to achieve.”
Soo Yin brings over 25 years in senior leadership roles in public and private organisations in law, finance, education and in organisational leadership to her coaching and consulting. Her leadership and management certifications and educational degrees include:
- General Management Programme, Harvard Business School, USA
- Strategic Management Programme, INSEAD in Singapore
- Doctorate in Education, Durham University, UK
- Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law), University College London, UK
- Master of Divinity, Trinity Theological College, Singapore
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), National University of Singapore
A credentialed Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation, her coaching certifications include:
- Birkman Master Certified Professional, Birkman International
- Certified Global Leadership and Team Coach and Global Leadership 360 Assessment Practitioner, Global Coaching Group
- Certified Marshall Goldsmith Executive and Team Coach
- Certified Professional Coach in Transformational Coaching, Coach Masters Academy
- Narrative Coach Certified Practitioner, World Business & Executive Coach Summit
- Breakthrough Coaching Enhanced Practitioner, World Business & Executive Coach Summit
Soo Yin’s training and certifications in processes that enable deeper inner exploration and work with her clients include:
- Certified Integrative Development Practitioner, the Moments Institute
- Inner Game Experience & Tools, The Inner Game Institute
- Certified Journal to the Self Facilitator, Centre for Journal Therapy, USA
- Life Navigation Certification, Positive Psychology, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Certified Mindfulness Teacher – Professional Level, International Mindfulness Teachers Association
- Narrative Therapy Intensive 1 & 2, Dulwich Center, Adelaide
- Registered Sandplay Therapist, Association of Sandplay Therapy
CONTACT US FOR AN EXPLORATORY SESSION