EXECUTIVE COACHING FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Are you a leader seeking to enhance your leadership effectiveness, impact and influence to achieve professional and organisational success?
Executive Coaching can help you unleash your potential, surpass your limits, and create new possibilities. The two ICF videos show real life examples of what can be achieved with Executive Coaching.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT WITH THE BIRKMAN METHOD IN EXECUTIVE COACHING
We use the Birkman Method to partner leaders and professionals in all levels of management in their growth and development as Leaders, as a Leadership Team and as a Leader of High Performing Teams.
The Birkman Method is a proven leadership development approach to:
- develop awareness of strengths, interests, needs and stress behaviours to enable you to bring your best self to work as a leader and professional
- develop awareness of how your perceptual filters can give rise to unconscious bias in your leadership, which may give rise to conflicts and impede your leadership effectiveness
- leverage on your strengths and interests and those of people you lead
- develop strategies for self-care to avoid potential stressors and manage stress that arise from your unmet needs
- enhance awareness of your mindset, recognise the extent to which you have realistic expectations of other people, and how accurately you interpret social situations
- recognise how your leadership is perceived by stakeholders, facilitating identification of areas for growth to enhance your leadership impact and influence
The Birkman Method, when used in facilitated Birkman Leadership Team Workshops together with individual coaching provides a common language for conversations as a Leadership Team on working together more effectively. For example:
- Birkman’s Group Profile of Strengths and Interests provides insights into the interpersonal dynamics of their working together and enable them to leverage on the diversity of their different strengths and interests
- Birkman’s Group Profile of Needs and Stress Behaviours provides insights into each other’s Needs and Stress Behaviours, facilitating their mutual support of each other to advance their collective purpose
- Birkman’s Comparative data provides insights into possible unconscious biases and blind spots arising from differences, and a perspective of how conflicts may arise from differences in perceptions. This enables an objective discussion on how to avert and manage such conflicts and enhance working relationships. Sample pages of a Birkman Comparative Report [This Report can also be useful to facilitate objective discussion on building strong relationships in close personal relationships such as with couples, spouses or partners.]
More information is available here about Leadership Development with the Birkman Method and Key Birkman Tools used in Leadership Development.
Sample pages of Birkman Tools frequently used in Coaching for Leadership Development include:
- Birkman Signature – which provides insights on a leader’s Usual Behaviours, Needs, Stress Behaviours and Interests
- Birkman Mindset – which provides insights on a leader’s mindset and their social acuity or how they are able to accurately interpret social situations
- Birkman 360 – which provides insights on stakeholders’ perceptions of a leader’s competencies critical for success
Individual Coaching for Leaders and Leadership Team Workshops using the Birkman Method are customised according to needs of Leaders and the Leadership Team and what they want to achieve. For individual Leaders needing to work at a deeper level to support their development, Executive Coaching with Jungian Sandplay can also be customised.
Examples of customised Workshops for Leadership Teams or Leaders with their Teams using the Birkman Method include: Bringing out the Best in Your Team; Managing Stress with Birkman; Managing Conflicts with Birkman; Enhancing Leadership Effectiveness with Birkman Mindset
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT WITH SYSTEMIC TEAM COACHING
We also partner leaders who want to develop themselves and their teams to be high value-creating teams with Systemic Team Coaching.
“A high value creating team is one that meets and communicates in a way that raises morale and alignment, partners with all the team’s key stakeholder groups to concrete beneficial value for all players and provides constant learning and development for all its members and the collective team.” (Peter Hawkins, 2021).
Systemic Team Coaching enables Teams to be purpose-led, stakeholder-centric, agile and adapt at learning and partnering and attending to the time horizons of past, present and future to co-create greater value than the sum total of what each member brings. Studies such as Price & Toy (2017) and McKinsey & Company (2018) indicate that outcomes for Team Coaching include increased profitability, financial and economic returns for organisations.
Find out how we can partner you to develop as a Leader who develops a High Value-Creating Team in Developing High Value-Creating Teams with Systemic Team Coaching.
CONTACT DR HEE FOR EXECUTIVE COACHING FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT WITH BIRKMAN & SYSTEMIC TEAM COACHING
“Soo Yin was my Coach when I was going through a significant organizational re-structuring and I needed to gain clarity of how I needed to adapt and change as a leader to lead my division forward successfully. As Soo Yin used the Birkman tool with me with her excellent combination of questioning and sharing of insights, I began to move out of what seemed like an insurmountable impasse through deep reflection… and towards resolution. In her non-judgmental and most assuring way, Soo Yin created a safe space for me to talk through convoluted and at times emotional issues. I became aware of my own blind spots and stress-triggered behaviors, and how I can manage myself better so I can lead better. I am grateful to have undergone coaching with her. The learning has transformed me greatly!”
“Soo Yin was my Coach during a time when we needed to develop leadership bench strength in the organization quickly to support the rapid organizational expansion. My experience of Soo Yin’s coaching both in individual Executive Coaching and in Team Coaching, is one that is calm, reflective and supportive. She is like an encouraging friend who listened and offered insights that made practical sense and were effective when implemented. She provided me invaluable insight to effectively develop a high functioning leadership team.”
“Soo Yin coached me during a time of major changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic when I had to make major adjustments of working from home while my children had to do home-based learning at the same time. I experienced coaching with Soo Yin as a partnership that helped me gain awareness and clarity of who I am and what matters to me and to be able to choose to respond authentically and wisely as a leader at work to the challenges at work while balancing my other roles at home. I had been able to be very candid with her and felt very much supported and challenged as she facilitated my deeper reflections of what is important and what needed my attention to move towards what I wanted to achieve.”
“My sessions with Soo Yin have been insightful, engaging and productive. I felt respected and safe to be able to share, interact and reflect authentically. The Birkman instrument yielded powerful insights and helped me attain more holistic self-awareness. The sessions certainly helped me understand myself better, and what I should do to be my ‘best self’, personally and professionally.”